The registration of 2023 Hong Kong-International String Competition preliminary round is happening right now!
This preliminary round allowed contestant to go for online video submission or offline on site competition. Participants can choose the most suitable method according to their personal abilities and circumstances.
The offline competition required the contestant to go to the competition venue to complete the performance within the specified time. As for the online video submission, contestant is required to complete the performance via video recording in accordance to the regulations, and submit the recorded video to the organizing committee accordingly. The recorded video will be given to the judges for evaluation in a unified manner during the competition.
Important Highlights for Offline On Site Competition:
Competition Date & Time:
A time slot will be given to you on 10/ 11/ 18 June 2023
***You are required to sing from memory***
What you must bring along:
- ID/ Passport (For identification)
- Print out Competition Notice (E-Notice send to you in email)
- Print out 2 copies of your competition sheet music
- Formally dressed for competition
- Arrived minimum 20 minute before the time slot
- Your piano accompanies (highly recommended)
*An Upright piano will be provided
Venue: Dominus Arts Venue
Address: Lot 4178, Jalan 1/27d, Seksyen 6 Wangsa Maju,
53300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Important Highlights for Online Video Submission:
Contestant is required to register for the competition before the closing date, follow by shooting, upload and submit the video link through email before the online video submission deadline.
Online Video Submission through Email Deadline:
5 June 2023, 11:59pm (Monday)
Video Shooting Format: Horizontal (1080p x 720p) and above
Video Submission File Format: MP4 / MOV Format
Video File Size: Not more than 2GB
Name Your Video:
Rename the video according to [Name]_[Class]_[NameofthePiece]
Send the Upload Link to Email: [email protected]
Both the entry methods have the same classes, repertoire requirements and scoring standards. The results of both method which meet the competition requirements will be valid for the competition and award. Contestant who won the third prize or above in the preliminary round are eligible to advance to the Final in Hong Kong.
Below are the recording guideline to help contestant who intent to submit their video online to record their video compliance to the competition requirements. Please be sure to read through the video recording requirements before shooting.
We look forward to your wonderful performance!
Online Submission Important Notice 參賽須知
- Contestant information, competition class and track duration must be strictly implemented in accordance with the competition regulations. If there is any discrepancy, the organizing committee has the right to require the contestant to resubmit.
- Each contestant has only one chance to submit the entry video. No further changes are allowed after submitting the competition video.
- The final interpretation right of this competition belongs to the organizing committee of preliminary round and final round of the 2023 Hong Kong-International String Competition.
Video Recording Requirements 視頻錄製要求
*Entry video cannot be edited or processed. The lens of the video cannot be converted. It must be a ONE take video with the audio and video synchronized as it is from beginning till the end. (*Open Class contestant are required to record multiple songs in one video.)
Preparation for Recording
1. You can use a camera or the original camera of your mobile phone to do the recording (do not use apps such as Meitu Camera/B612/Qingyan Camera to record videos). The resolution must be 1080P and above.
2. During recording, set the screen to horizontal screen and fix the camera to one position. The height of the equipment must be on the same level as the music instrument.
In order to avoid video shaking affecting the scoring results, it is recommended to use a mobile phone holder or camera tripod during recording. Do not shake the shooting equipment during recording.
Horizontal screen shooting (compulsory)
Vertical screen shooting is prohibited
3. Contestant must face the camera head-on with the movements of the contestants’ limbs, face and hands clearly seen in the video. Please pay attention to the video composition safe area.
4. Contestant need to perform from memory and dress up in formal clothes or performance clothes with shoes during recording. Uniform, t-shirt and jean, vests, slippers are strictly forbidden.
5. Please perform with traditional wooden string instrument. Digital string instrument are strictly not allowed. External audio receiving equipment can be used for recording.
* It is recommended to tune the string instrument to ensure the instrument is in good condition and intonation for recording.
6. Accompanies requirements: Contestant can perform without accompanies, with live piano accompanies, or with recording of piano accompanies during recording.
伴奏要求: 選手可以選擇獨奏, 使用鋼琴現場伴奏，或使用钢琴伴奏的錄音为演奏伴奏。
Start of Video Recording 錄製開始
Introduction: Before the performance, the contestant is require introduce themselves in front of the camera holding a piece of A4 paper with their name on it: “I am XXX, my competition class is XXX, and the name of the piece is XXX” (Three elements of introduction = Name + Class + NameOfThePiece)
Stopwatch timing: Turn on the “stopwatch” function of the mobile phone, and the contestant will start recording after clicking “Start”. The mobile phone stopwatch must keep running during the recording and must not be turned off.
* The time required is the total time of repertoire played according to the preliminary round class requirement.
Setup Stopwatch timing 設置秒錶計時
Record in a quiet environment: Only the sound of the player is playing should be heard. Do avoid any external noise during video recording. There should be no disturbance or distraction in the background.
If the contestant’s class needs to record two or more performance, multiple performances must be recorded in ONE video from beginning to the end. Please avoid long pauses between the performance and editing is strictly not prohibited.
End & Submit Video 錄製結束&提交
1. The format of the video file must be in MP4 or MOV format. The size of the video must not exceed 2G.
2. The performance video file submitted by the contestant must be recorded by themselves. The qualification for the competition will be revoked immediately if the organizer found out that the video is recorded by external parties.
3. Rename the video according to [Name]_[Class]_[NameofthePiece]
4. Upload the video to cloud server like your personal Google Drive or FREE solutions like WeTransfer/ TransferXL. Send the video link to organizer email at [email protected] before the online video submission deadline.
5. Online Video Submission deadline is 5 June 2023 (11:59pm)
* Please do not hesitate to contact us for any clarifications.
5. 線上視頻提交截止日期為 2023 年 6 月 5 日（晚上 11:59）